ABOUT THE PRODUCTIVITY SPACE (3 questions)
What is the Productivcity Space?
The Productivity Space is a virtual destination where a group of entrepreneurs gather and get-to-work. It is designed for deep focus and concentration enabling you to get into the flow state and complete the work you need to do.
Research has shown that through persistent use of work and rest intervals you can build momentum, create empowering habits, and become exponentially more productive.
Completing tasks and meeting your own expectations stimulates your confidence and self-worth which ultimately supports your ability to create success.
What type of PROJECTS can I work on?
Choose a project that
.....you have been avoiding
.....you haven't been able to make time to work on
.....may lead to exciting opportunities for you or your business
.....feels overwhelming or frustrating
And most importantly, choose a project that will bring you great joy (and maybe releif) as you finally cross it off your to-do list!
We recommend a project that falls into one of these categories:
A) Albatross Project - A project that is a burden or source of distress. These projects can be a major source of anxiety so we usually avoid them like the plauge. Unfortunatly, they usually don't go away and the burden gets heavier as time goes on. It could be organizing your taxes, writing job descriptions for future hires, or learning how to use Quickbooks.
B) Passion Project - A project that you concieve and create for the pure joy and pleasure of creatiion. A project that lights you up when you think about it. It could be the memoir that you started a few years ago or an event that brings together entrepreneurs in your area.
The key to identifying a passion project is that you would do it whether you make money from it or not.
C) Game-Changer Project - A project that could add a new revenue stream to your business or a system that saves you or your team a significant amout of time. It could be launching a podcast, creating a memberhship site, or creating a work flow and tracking system for your team.
D) Bucket List / Someday Project - A project that needs to be done but is never going to be a priority. It could be cleaning up your contact list, organizing and filing documents on your desktop, or updating and refreshing your social media bios.
Here is a list of categories to consider:
Admin - Invoicing, Tax Prep, etc.
Desk Top: Organization or Grooming
Learning or Research
Marie Kondo - Office Edition
Medical Research or Billing
New Business Development
Podcast Planning /Admin
Preparing for a speech
Social Media Relationship Building
Social Media Strategy and Planning
Website - Update or Maintenance
Writing - Book, Blog, etc.
*Some of these projects could be billable to a client.
What is a Productivity Space WORK SPRINT?
Inspired by a world-famous technique for time management, work sprints with intermittent breaks are shown to eliminate burnout, help manage distractions and therefore improve concentration, enhance efficiency, and boost productivity.
We have two types of work sprints at The Productivity Space:
25-minute work increment followed by a 5-minute break
50-minute work increment followed by a 10-minute break
We vary the pairing of these increments in each session to support a variety of work styles and needs.
The description for each session will mention which work sprints are on the agenda.
WHAT TO EXPECT (5 questions)
How much actual WORK TIME will I have in each session?
90-minutes total, 50 minutes focus time
105-minutes total, 75 minutes focus time
150-minutes total, 100 minutes focus time
Are VIDEO and AUDIO on or off during the Work Sprints?
We invite you to keep your VIDEO on throughout the entire session, but it is not required.
Some people prefer to particpate in the room during the pre and post work sprint conversations but turn their camera off during the work sprints and breaks.
Your AUDIO will be muted as you enter the room. Please keep your audio muted unless you have been called on by the host to speak.
Why is there a COACHING segment?
The Productivity Space is about WORKING, NOT NETWORKING so
The two coaching segemnets are approximatly 15 minutes long each; before the first work sprint and after the second break.
The host coach may invite participation on the chat and through a raise of hands.
Particpation is entirely your choice. We inc;ude opportunities to enagge with the host in our sessions becasue we believe
Do I have to to do any PREPARATION for the session?
The amount of preparation you do prior to the start of the work sprints is entirely up to you.
While no preparation is required, YOU WILL GET THE GREATEST BENEFIT from your time in the Space if you do some prepartion.
First, decide on the project you plan to work on. See #X for help in deciding what to work on.
Next, determine the steps you will need to accomplish to create a clear path to completing this project.
Break each step down into bite-sized tasks that individually or combined can be completed in 25 or 50-minute work sprints. Note the specific tasks you plan to work on during the first Work Sprint and the second Work Sprint.
NOTE! Don't fret if your tasks take more or less time! Just know that the more work sprint sessions you do, the more accurate you will get at breaking down your tasks into 25 or 50-minute chunks.
Do I have to take the BREAKS or can I continue working?
You are not required to partivipate in the breaks however, YOU WILL GET THE GREATEST BENEFIT if you do.
Rest is an integral part of the Productivity Space Process and neuroscience backs it up.
Stepping away from your work, physically and mentally, optimizes your natural Ultradian Rhythms (look it up!) and allows your brain and body to recharge and refresh.
Checking e-mail, scrolling through social media, or checking the news is not a bonafide break. A legit break gives your mind a rest from solving problems and you will come back to the work with a fresh perspective and renewed energy.
We even recommend that you plan your break in advance!
COMMUNITY GUIDELINES (1 question)
What are your Community Guidelines?
We want to ensure that everyone who participates in our sessions has an enjoyable experience. When you enter our virtual sacred work space, you have arrived at a place where you are encouraged to relax, eliminate distractions, and be present so you can find your focus and flow as you make progress on your projects.
* Positive Vibes Only: The life of a business owner can be hard. It is realistic to expect that sometimes you might feel stressed, angry, frustrated, rushed, or overwhelmed right before your The Productivity Space session starts.
We come to The Space to work, to make progress on our projects, and to be lifted by the energy of this community. Bring your best energy and a positive expectation. Be kind, compassionate, and respectful of each other.
* Productivity Space Sessions are sales and networking-free zones. No trolling, spamming, or selling will be allowed in the chat or during any group conversation.
* You may not transcribe, record, or reproduce in any form, information shared by the host or attendees, during a session without prior written permission from The Productivity Space founder, Gail Baral.
* During the Zoom session, if you act in any way which, in the opinion of The Productivity Space Host, is causing any disruption or nuisance for the host and/or other attendees, you will be asked to leave the session via private chat. If you do not leave quietly and continue to cause a disruption, you will be removed from the participant list. We shall not be liable to refund your Registration Fees.
* You must comply at all times with the Zoom Community Standards as detailed on their website. Failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the session (in which case no refund will be provided).
* Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for any Productivity Space materials, whether provided before, during, or after the session (including slides, The Guide, worksheets, checklists, etc) belongs to us and may not be reproduced in any medium without prior written consent from The Productivity Space founder, Gail Baral.
You may use such materials for your own purposes only and may not reproduce, publish, or deal with such materials in any way for any commercial use.
* We may wish to record, photograph, or film the session and reserve the right to do so for the purposes of promoting future sessions. By completing the registration form, you consent to the use of your image whether it be recorded or photographed during the session by the host, Gail Baral, or an employee of GAIL BARAL GLOBAL and/or The Productivity Space.
* Any attendees may photograph the Zoom screen for social media sharing. We encourage it! However, you may NOT record (audio or video) the session without prior written consent from The Productivity Space founder, Gail Baral.